Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Nostalgia--accompanied by heated, pointless political discussions (especially ones that end inevitably with a disingenuous "agree to disagree"), gory slasher flicks, the emotions of someone I have ceased to love, a room full of chatty strangers, cult leaders, the two-party "my team is better than your team" system, realizing the person you've devoted your life to pleasing no longer loves you, and divisive belief systems--makes me nauseous. I've never been able to look at a picture that's more than 3 years old without feeling the bile wrench in my stomach, without feeling the taste of my previous meal paired with the taste of acid and self-loathing congregate on my tongue as to say, "What the hell happened, shortstack? You used to have the world by the balls."

No comments: